Photo(s) : 1
(Click to expand)
Director of Economic & Community Development - Pos
Employment - Management Positions
The City of Selkirk continues to be one of the greatest places in Canada to live, work and raise a family.
Under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer, the Director of Economic & Community Development is responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of services by the Department of Economic & Community Development. This includes:
* Provision of departmental services for divisions including Economic Development, Recreation Facilities, Leisure Service Delivery, Heritage Services, Selkirk Transit and Community Leisure.
* Accountable for an operating and capital budget of approximately $1.6M and a staff complement of 15 full-time personnel plus 10-20 temporary, casual and contract employees.
* University Degree in Recreation Administration, Business, Public Administration, Commerce or related field.
* 5 years of progressively more responsible supervisory experience preferably in a municipal environment, in the areas of culture, recreation, tourism, commercial or industrial development.
* A working knowledge of the Planning Act, General Municipal Development Plan and Zoning by-law.
* Completion or enrollment in the Manitoba Municipal Administrators Certificate Program or such other Municipal similar designation within Canada would be a definite asset.
If you would like more information about this position, please contact Paul Croteau, Managing Partner, Legacy Bowes Group at (204) 934-8821.
Ad number: 67632202-0400-0457
Ad placed on April 15 2014
Source: Classifiedextra.ca (web)